Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Tucson engine replacement

Options
  • 28-10-2022 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

My 2017 Hyundai Tucson diesel seized up today and I was told that I would require a replacement engine. I have priced around in car dismantles and might buy one. Does anyone know how much it would cost to remove and replace the engine. I know its a big job but I'm just looking for an approximate price. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would suggest you get somewhere to supply and fit, as you’ll effectively have no comeback by supplying it yourself if the engine breaks a week later.

have you approached Hyundai, 5 year warranty is probably just out but you might get something out of them if it has a Hyundai service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

You are thinking of buying a 2nd hand engine ? Would it not be better to get engine overhauled ? Also u can sell vehicle on later and no one need know

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nobody will know either way, nobody checks engine numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭User1998

Labour on an engine swap is about €350 to €550.

You could try IVI Engines in Walkinstown to supply & fit if your local.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

A 2017 tucson is still worth a few quid unless it's on pcp bite the bullet and get it reconditioned . U could get any kind of mileage on a s / hand engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Had you a lot of miles/km on it, I thought they were good for heavy miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,473 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vpd

Any update on this? Same thing happened my 2016 Hyundai Tuscon. Complete mechanical failure of engine. Hyundai didn’t want to know despite full service history with them and it had just been serviced and NCT’d.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭masterboy123

How many km did you clock on it?

I have 211 Tucson with 55000 km.

Advertisement