Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Internationals 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Shehal

Frizzel has made a big difference coming on, gives NZL a well balanced BR and therefore a more clean ruck for quick ball. Akira just isnt a 6 in this NZL, work rate not good enough.

And Telea scores, one of the few players today who can say he had a good game over the 70+ mins so far.

If England play like they did v Argentina they wont win either!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

How about if you're going to call it out you call out all for ALL coaches who go public in moaning about ref decisions.

Good test match in fairness.

Is the gap between the hemispheres the closest right now it's been in the past 25 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Can you not see the difference between post match when emotions are involved and the clearly calculated nonsense from Rassie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

No they won't. This is the thing about this year's All Blacks. They could lose to almost anyone, but they've also convincingly beaten Ireland, SA, Wales and Australia at different times this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Can’t wait for Gregor Townsend’s Twitter meltdown. Oh wait, he’s got a bit more class than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

TJ Perenara has impressed me this tour... playing himself into being No2 to Smith...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Dyed blond flat top haircut and a gold tooth....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭ersatz

I haven’t ever seen it happen, it’s akin to a ref telling opposition players not to turn their backs on a penalty in case of a quick tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Scotland played very well for 55 minutes. Made New Zealand look incredibly poor in phase play. But it looks like they lack depth in the 23.

When the subs were made they just couldn't keep the pressure on. When New Zealand scored in the 60th minute it was their first points since the 10th minute. But they went on to score two further trys in quick succession.

New Zealand should be worried. Their attacking structures look rather basic. Play with big men running around the corner and repeat until they get consistent gain line breaking ball. But they lack power in the tight 5 to do that consistently imo. God knows what they're doing in the backs. Everyone is lining up laterally and just shipping it on.

Post edited by Clegg on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Scotland threw that game away by missing a million try scoring opportunities when they were in control.

I saw a tweet that basically said, TJ Perenara is from an era where the All Blacks don't lost games. And it's so true.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Your calling out people for reacting to different things differently. And I have a fairly large ignore list so don’t call out what I don’t see. Plus, I’m not sure what you think is in my head here or why you’re so smug about it. It may have escaped your attention in all of this, but I’m not in any way talking about Munster. At all. So what is in my head? Or are you so obsessed with Munster criticism that you see it everywhere. In your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Congrats on derailing a match day thread with whataboutery and bad faith arguments, Phog.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Are there actually no really good teams in the world or a lot of really good teams?

What do the odds for the next WC look like currently?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I will call out any coach who preps videos to release on the internet the next day to complain about the ref.

We all agreed now?

Scotland botched that. Had so many opportunities to take it away from NZ. That’s probably the worst performance I’ve seen from NZ so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭joedamuss

The bench won that for NZ, if you put them under pressure they tend to panic a bit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Interesting weekend of rugby. Must say I think Erasmus is losing it a little. He is a sore loser and it is starting to show. These tweets are of someone that has lost it and who thinks he is smarter than anyone else. Trying to disguise it as ways to learn for the team but showing what he thought was the mistakes of the referee is just sour grapes. What I found interesting of the coverage in South Africa afterwards was that the pundits (John Smit, one of the Ndungane's and Schalk Burger) were more critical of France and in what trouble they are in than focusing on how South Africa lost their 5th test match this year.

What was interesting to me is that these same pundits were calling for France to win by a few points, and when this panned out they seemed to think France was in more trouble than South Africa. The red card made it almost impossible to find any clues from this match. Firstly South Africa was down to 14 men but France lost an important player and had to play a loose forward as a wing and a wing in the midfield. So both teams were handicapped by the red so I am really not sure you can draw too much from the match, other than France showed great composure when they came back against a resurgent SA team having lost their captain and best player to a red card. That takes some mentality which seems to have been missed.

As for the All Blacks, well Foster is still coach so not surprised they struggled against Scotland. They were incredibly lucky with some calls from the referee, but that is them breaks. I don't think there has been much change since they made changed in the coaching group and the team still looks incredibly flaky but they are still so dangerous.

Wales seemed to celebrate like they won against a much better team but Argentina should have won that match. I still struggle to understand how they won the Six Nations in 2001 when they seem to lack the players the other teams have and do not play a style that makes up some of that difference.

Australia is just terrible, or maybe Italy is just getting better. About time to get rid of them for the Six Nations just as it seems to be paying off as their standards are coming up. That seems the way for rugby to go as it always has, one step forward and 4 back.

I had decided to give up on this topic but this can't go without reply.

Your first post on this directly associated my take on this with me being from Munster and how I hate anti Munster stuff, nowhere did I mention the province I support in this topic until the Interprovincial BS started then I mention how much Munster live inside the heads of non Munster fans.

Call out all the others who kept this topic going too.

More double standards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Cut the crap, we know and you know and the dogs in the street know exactly why you've had this massive meltdown.

Apologies to Clegg but I couldn't let this go

Massive meltdown 😂😂😂😂

The meltdown came from the those who speak out both sides of their mouths and played the man instead of playing the ball.

Like, no one has commented on a World Rugby account taking a pot shot at SA on social media.

Does anyone here think the issue with coaches taking pot shots at referees will be resolved anywhere but behind closed doors.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is there not a 'tedious bollocks that nobody gives a toss about' thread you could all decamp to?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Rassie Erasmus is a disgrace....

😋

But anyway, what do we make of next week's games?

The touring sides seem to have one eye on the home trip already

I can see Ireland taking Aussie to the cleaners. France could put 50 on the japs.

England v the abs is probably the pick of the games, but it's two teams in a bit of the doldrums at the moment. It could be a low scoring affair with the two teams banging heads for 80 mins.

Scotland argies could be a cracker.

No one will care if the bokke beat Italy.

Post edited by sydthebeat on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

FFS will you just stop!! You're being as petulant and childish as Rassie. Let it go.

When posters call me out on something that is plain wrong then why shouldn't I defend myself.

And once again, here is another post playing the man and not the ball.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on NZ today YR? I missed the first 7 mins of the game (turned in as you guys converted your second) but the missus was asking me during the game what the Kiwi take on their performances was. Am I right in saying a lot of focus is on the fact that Fosters experience and successes as a head coach aren’t exactly seen as enough to warrant him getting the top job? He seemed very pleased after the game when I thought he’d be a bit more somber about….

Advertisement