Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air to water

• 29-10-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hello

Just a query for ppl with air to water.

We've had the thermostate pumped up in most rooms to 22 degrees but in some rooms it hits 18 or 19 and no more.

Another room is 17 degrees. This is after setting the thermostate 8 days ago.

Is this normal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Define normal :)

I'm assuming you have the hp setup to run continuously.

Normal or not, this does not sound good. Your house has not got to 20°C in a week of extremely mild weather. What will happen when it actually gets cold!

I wonder if your system is a replacement for an oil or gas system in an existing house rather than a new house? If it is I would be fearful that you will be cold with very high electricity bills throughout the winter because not enough attention was paid to addressing your heat loss mechanisms prior to the hp install. Btw, if this is the case, you will not be alone from what I'm seeing.

But the devil is in the detail so by giving more info about your house (type, age, history, etc etc) and your system, you might get more/better feedback.

Advertisement