Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing rusted toilet floor bolts

Options
  • 30-10-2022 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently moved into a new house and the toilet is a bit wobbly. The bolts securing the pan to the tiled floor are completely rusted and just trying to tighten one made it pop out. Im not even sure how they attached to the floor tbh as I can't see a hole in the floor when I look through the empty hole at the base of the pan where the screw was, so I've no idea what bolt to buy or how to attach it to the floor. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They're usually screws rather than bolts and just screw into rawlplugs inserted in holes drilled into the floor. When you tried to tighten the screws they probably just snapped off at the level of the floor, so you'll have to drill the old screw out with a metal drill first and then put new plugs and screws in. Use stainless steel screws so they don't rust again.

Advertisement