Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian Presidential Election - Croke Park

Options
  • 30-10-2022 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I noted today that Croke Park was being used for the Brazilian diaspora here to vote in their presidential election.

im just wondering ..

if that on previous occasions has there has ever been a facilitation in a ‘public or private facility’ in this country of a foreign / international democratic election on our soil ? Not including each embassy of course !

&

who would be picking up the tab for the use of Croker and associated security and logistical arrangements, as well as traffic management in the area etc… none of which would be cheap I’d imagine… ? Weekend etc. so busy enough around you’d need a number of Gardai on overtime is my thinking..

I’ve had a quick gander through several news sources and they doesn’t seem to account for it. I don’t imagine between set up, cleanup, takedown… which would probably be 3-4 days that be all inclusive, that it would come that cheap…

Croke Park have a specific ‘ events ‘ Twitter and general one but oddly no mention of the election at all, nothing on either 😳

US voting is done from here via the post through their embassy. So … surprised that no info out there in the ether that I can see.

The GAA won’t be doing it free gratis…the machinations of the state, Gardai etc of course won’t be either . So..? Who is picking up the tab ? Irish Citizens or Brazilian embassy ?

Comments

Advertisement