Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Them lottery ads !!!!

• 31-10-2022 2:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

The recent lottery ads must be among the worst ever made ... you know the ones with the outrageous eejitry and ELO singing a Beatlesesque song in the background ... every time I turn on the telly they are on non stop on the Irish channels ... worse and worse they are getting ... the current one with your man in the suit of armour and the other fella on the beach is the worst yet .... the dream inspector ??? Awful ... and they don't discriminate whether you are watching the match, Handmaid's Tale, Fair City or the 2 Johnnies ... they are on non stop !! I would dare say you'd have to win the lottery to tolerate these ads at this stage !!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,712 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are pumping money in to them like there's no tomorrow as it looks like all gambling advertising will soon be banned, the sooner the better, particularly with RTE pausing the child's movie every Saturday for the draw, pure corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They might ban gambling adverts, as long as they are from Paddy Power, Boyle Sports, Betfair, and Ladbrokes.

But the lotto will get special exemption. Just you wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

*Those*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Mind numbingly stupid adverts. The lottery ads have always portrayed us as absolutely brain dead eejits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Allinall

People talking about Lotto ads?

The ads are obviously working.

• Advertisement

Hopefully ELO are getting a nice payday from them, but was only saying to my dad the other day when one was on that they must have dug deep for them. The one where they explain the 90% going back to the community and not a Canadian pension fund is my personal fav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Including the prize money in the amount going back into the community is a bit of a stretch.

Once the money lands in the winners account I'd say it's up to them where they spend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

These ads are 3 things ... bad ... memorable ... something one talks about ... they stand out a mile ... clearly they are working ... and that is prob the intention ... marketeers are aware people remember the most senseless ads better than the sensible ads ... the ads I remember most are the most senseless ones ... Follow the fox Orchard Thieves is another example ... and that Steve and Rachel/Rachel and Steve saga ...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paul321123

That's were all the unclaimed prize money go's, it does not go back into the pot, that's how they are able to bombard you with all these advertisements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

€120m of it according to a recent C&AG report

• Advertisement
Advertisement