Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admission Records for Female Orphan School (Kirwan House), North Circular Road, Dublin

• 31-10-2022 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been able to obtain records for a relative who was in the Female Orphan School (Kirwan House).

I have relatives who were definitely in the school in the early 1900s and am trying to find out more information about them. I was in touch with the National Library of Ireland, but was informed that only administrative records for Kirwan House are held there. The admission records are in the RCB Library but access to these records is closed, and any queries are dealt with by the Secretary of Kirwan House Trust. My request for information was sent in during the summer of 2021 and I followed up again early this year, but haven't received any response. I like to hear of anyone else's experiences of trying to get information from the Trust. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement