Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap phone plans for expats

Options
  • 31-10-2022 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

So about three months ago I moved to Spain and I'm looking into getting a Spanish SIM card, but I wanted to keep my Irish number alive as I've used it in basically every two-factor system ever and I don't want to have to change my number in every single online service I've ever used.

Now it's all well and good just paying 25 euro a month to Vodafone or whatever, but I don't need unlimited calls, texts, data and roaming, as I'll have all of that on my Spanish SIM anyway. Every time I go looking into phone plans however, it seems like they're all promising you the sun, moon and stars, and I really don't need anything big. For calls and texts, I can just use Whatsapp on my Spanish data, so at most I'll only need like, 100 mins of international calls, a couple of texts and whatever.

I'd rather not be spending 25 euro a month for a plan here that I'm barely going to use, so is there any way I could just... not do that? I really do just need the bare minimum. Would a pay-as-you-go sim work better? Can I keep my current number with one of them?

Comments

Advertisement