Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very windy and potentially stormy Weds 2-11-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Following the weather here in Vancouver, its freezing here 2c at the moment (02:26) but they had the mid 20s till a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Waterford gusts increasing 71.1kph now on https://www.waterfordcityweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Getting breezy in West Galway with heavy rain at times. According to Met.ie, the worst wind gusts are forecast here for around 2pm.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sherkin Island reporting gust of 56kts/104kmh in 0900 reports.

Waterford airport 92.6kph

SAIE99 EIWF 020930

METAR EIWF 020930Z 20039G50KT 9000 -RA SCT018CB BKN047 13/11 Q1000=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

The rain in Limerick at present is the worst I have seen in years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Looks like a squall line forming from limerick down to kenmare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very heavy rain this morning here near Tralee, haven't seen the bottom of the site and adjoining fields with so much water for years. Big thunderstorms went through early this morning, blustery but not too bad as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 feckwunker

Dreadful morning here in Waterford. Strong enough gusts (I'm about 10km inland from the coast) and driving rain. Definitely expect to see a few trees down after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Last night in Cork there was lightening at 3:30AM, and the heaviest rain I have ever seen. Fished and hiked all my life, been in some awful rain but that was the heaviest I have seen, last apprx 10mins. It was like being in a car wash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sherkin Island reporting gust of 59kts/109kmh in 1000 report.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Terrible day in Clonmel. The river Suir rose significantly last night, some roads and bridges are now impassible.

Waterford Airport

SAIE99 EIWF 021030

METAR EIWF 021030Z 21040G56KT 5000 RA BKN020 13/12 Q0999=

103.7kph

https://www.flywaterford.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=151

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Absolutely horrendous here in co Meath and the back edge squall line yet to come in the next hour. Between rain and wind this system definitely deserved a storm name considering people on road journeys. If Theresa Manning did a report during this it would look as dramatic as any storm. Take care everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Beind that squall line there looks to be drier conditions coming in from the west, but Met Eireann have the heaviest rain for the east coast from 12-2. Is there another band of rain behind this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kutebride

After a lovely day yesterday here in Wicklow its hard to see out the window today. Dreadful morning.

Sat24 Image looks like potential thunderstorms in those clouds bubbling up to the west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Yeah it's gotten wild enough here at Rathdrum in the past half hour or so. Strong gusts and driving rain but it isn't too heavy so far. Looking at the radar that's about to change soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭nmacu

"Sat24 Image looks like potential thunderstorms in those clouds bubbling up to the west"

Would you mind describing what you're seeing for the fascinated but clueless like myself?

My recessed balcony here in Dublin is watering itself, with containers nearly taking off.

• Advertisement

Not a techy. Usually when I see clouds like those on the right that are round, tall and like bubbles it's usually a sign of convection. Convection can mean thunder storms. I prefer my thunderstorms at night.

Someone else might be able to explain it better

This might help

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Another "spasm" of high loud winds and torrential deluge here.

Littlest cat somehow had managed to sneak out, probably seeking PEACE and I had to find her. And please take care as it is ...shocking ...out there...

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

North east pelting down and driven by strong gusty winds up to 80km/h. It should blow through in a couple of hours max.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Still plenty when you look SW of Dublin. Could get heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Torrential downpour and very squally winds for about 10 minutes here (SW Laois), just passed through. I had some work done on the flashing around an skylight yesterday, hope it holds out as the rain was unbelievably heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

ESB networks have gone ahead with scheduled works and we have no electricity. I can’t believe they didn’t reschedule. Stuck at home with no power and can’t go anywhere in this. Can’t even work. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Curtains closed! My modular home is lovely but does nothing to deaden the noise of bad weather.. A dozen drummers drumming...But as someone verywise used to say" This too shall pass."

Just spotted our local postman is out delivering post. I think he left the van as he usually does at the end and walks each street. Not a day for it. 😨

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

You would really have to wonder about this weather. We have had weeks of serious rain and wacky temperatures and now this on top of it. Mad stuff.

Getting wild now in Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Roaches point gusting 58 knots (107km/h)

Advertisement