Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staff car parking in UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL GALWAY

Options
  • 01-11-2022 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

I’m starting a job in Galway hospital I was wondering if there is free staff car parking there

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I wonder if there might be anybody you work for/with in UHG you could phone and ask?

I’ll say yes. There is free parking. I’m only an internet randomer though. What would I know?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Feedback

OP you need to verify your email before you can post again

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

There is a limited amount of staff parking and you'll need to buy a staff permit to access. You'll also have to be very lucky to get a spot unless you turn up 45 mins before your shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

You can park for free in Merlin Park and get a free staff shuttle bus to UHG.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Yonce

I've family working there. And ya there is staff parking. Main one at the back near lab drop off multistory. You'd have to be there no later than 7am though. But getting out can be the hassle. There's no automatic counting of cars going in or spaces so people park anywhere, I mean everywhere so if you finish before 6pm you'll have to wait or call the person if they've left a number. A disaster. Cars being damaged due to parking is a regular thing. Depending on your hours Merlin park 'park&ride' is the handiest. Dont need to buy a staff permit, your swipe if active would suffice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement