Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a tractor - tips

Options
  • 01-11-2022 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi!

I'm going looking with a family member for a tractor in a few months and have a few questions when buying from a dealer with a trade in.

How would negotiation typically happen? Would the below be typical?

• look at tractor to buy
    • Ask price (say they say 50k)
    • Then say you have a trade in. They ask some details and say an estimate, say 13k
    • Negotiate on the 37k, maybe drop 1k off
    • Do a deal for 36k + trade in

I'm not sure if the price is the price or if there's room for negotiations. Say on a 50k tractor with a trade in, how much would they knock off in price?

Let's say I actually thought the trade in was worth 15k, would they likely give a bit extra for it to make the sale?

Would offering part cash get any discount? How much would you get off?

I'm seeing some tractors being advertised for the last 6 months...would dealers be eager to get rid or are they happy enough that someone will pay the price eventually. I've seen a 04 Fendt with loader advertised for 45k + vat for the last 6 months.

Advertisement