Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

650b tyres

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

Also trying to avoid tubeless for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Panaracer Gravel Kings are hard to beat. Light, good puncture protection. They come in slick or semi-slick and should be from around €30 each from the German sites.

They don't seem to do a 32, 35 or 36mm in 650b, seem to just be bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

I'd be inclined to focus on a nice tyre for road/gentle gravel and forget about the width; it'll increase your selection and 45mm over 35mm won't have any real downside.

Schwalbe G One speed or all round are good if you can get them, or gravel kings as above.

Buying a 650 only sized bike is going to really narrow tyre availability, do you have any other bike options?

Yes there seems to be issues with getting the good tyre size choice with 650b's, I went for a size small with my last canyon ( endurace cf slx-I am a little bit stretched but very little ) but for the grizl they recommended going xs so I ordered as I know if if feels too small I can easily return it to them or else swap the stem out as its standard enough on the grizl.

Going off your recommendation of the Schwalbe G One speed (they do have good reviews for tarmac and gravel) that they can be got in a 27.5" 1.2" which is 30mm or a 2" which is 50mm but Id say the 50mm would defiantly be slower for group spins.

Plus the 30mm is clincher and tubeless ready which suits me as I have not moved to tubeless yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Sorry, my mistake. Smallest 650b is the 38b. There's no downside going with wider tyres other than the extra weight and the Panaracer Slick in 650x38b is lighter than both the Conti 5000s and Four Seasons in 700x32c!

I use panaracer 38c Slick on my road bike all the time and it's best tyre I've ever had!

I am going to give the Schwalbe G One speed in 30mm a go and see how they are.

Thanks very much guys

Silly me - I went off and ordered 3 x Schwalbe G-One Speed Performance 27,5 x 1,2" (30-584) and tubes before the new bike came, new bike came and the stack is way way too low in the XS for me so bike is gone back to canyon.

All thats left is a box of tyres now.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭pairofpears

I might know someone with some 650B road tyres or are you not looking for them now?

Trying to sell the 3 that I purchased.

• Advertisement
Advertisement