Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saying "happy birthday" in Spanish

Options
  • 02-11-2022 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

My cousin wants me to make a video wishing her so a happy birthday. He is currently living in Spain with his Spanish wife, and their child. I want to do it in Spanish.

Looked it up on Google translate, listened to the pronunciation, and I want to make sure it's correct.

I've no problem with most of it, but the word "Feliz" is throwing me off a bit.

On Google's translation thingy the woman sounds like she's ending the word feliz with a very light "th". It's almost like a very mild lisp.

Given how languages evolve, and how the vast majority of Spanish speakers live in South America, I'm assuming that the pronunciation differs throughout the Spanish speaking world.

I've heard the word pronounced as "felice" on U.S. television shows, and know that they can't pronounce most English words correctly (the letter "A" being pronounced as "O" like holloween as opposed to the proper halloween), so I'm looking for a native Spanish speaker to help me with the correct way to say "feliz".

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement