Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google nest direct to Vodafone ONT

Options
  • 02-11-2022 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. I hope there'll be some help here on this: I've got a new Google nest router to replace our Vodafone gigabox, but so far I'm unable to get a connection unless running the nest from the LAN on the gigabox. I've read some US and UK advice that it is possible to replace the router with the nest straight into the ONT but I'm not sure whether Vodafone has some setting or other that I need to disable etc. E.g. DHCP release or switch to pppoe. Any advice would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

Eir put a vlan tag of 10 on the traffic from the ont. Perhaps vodadone do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭JamBur

Google nest does auto VLan handling. I think you'll need to enable PPPoE with the correct credentials for Vodafone in the Nest setup.

Advertisement