Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pressurising hot water in house

• 02-11-2022 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Grateful for any advice on the following and thanks for your time.

I wish to pressurise the hot water system in my house to feed 3 showers, kitchen sink and bathroom taps, as part of a potential retrofit. For context, I will need to replace my gas boiler as well.

My understanding is that I either:

(1) Get a pump connected to the cold water tank, get a new unvented hot water cylinder and do it that way to have pressurised hot and cold water. Buy system boiler

(2) Retrofit a pump to my current unvented hot water cylinder set up. Buy system boiler

(3) Install something like a Viessmann 111 Storage Combi Boiler, which says it can supply 2 bathrooms. Will also need a pump. Maybe put an electric shower in one of the bathrooms.

I'm imagining (2) is the cheapest install - using a stuart turner pump that pressurises the hot and cold to the same pressure? The benefits of (1) and (2) are that I can also add solar panels with a diverter, or use cheap night rate electricity to heat the water (currently 5c 2-5am).

(3) has the benefit of no need for a hot water tank and no hot water wastage, albeit the system is probably not designed for a 3 bathroom house. I have experienced a combi before where there is a noticeable temp drop when the kitchen hot water tap is used. That said, there is no benefit to solar panels really, and I'm presuming we will all have to move to heat pumps in the near future

Thoughts welcome, or any guidance appreciated.

Post edited by thewiseowl12 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭whizbang

Definitly fit one electric shower. this allows for when theres no stored hot water. happens more often than you think. Ideally one shower could operate on Gravity feed also, leaving one pressurised. (but you have to charge the kids for this one!)

The 2 bathroom limit is simultaneous i think ? -You can have as many bathrooms as you like, just not all in use at once.

Advertisement