Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with what Leave - if any!

Options
  • 02-11-2022 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi my other half is due an operation after which he'll need some care over a few weeks.

Am I right in thinking that I can take 5 days for this (once a medical practicioner has stated it's necessary)?

I think this type of leave is bundled with Force Majeure in the OLCS but haven't had to use any leave this year so far, thank god!

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

It could be worth giving the ASTI/TUI a call on this to be sure. ASTI were very helpful to me around the combo of extended maternity and parental leave I took a couple of years ago. (Totally different scenario obvs but I found then very knowledgeable!)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snodge

What is the procedure if a teacher needs to take time off to attend a medical appointment, how does this work? Is it counted as a certified sick day? Or is there other procedures/ cover for appointments for full or part school days? Thaks in advance, post primary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

You need to apply for compassionate leave. You can get up to 5 days for a spouse/partner child or parent provided that a doctor certifies that they need constant care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

You should provide a copy of your appointment to the school who then can record ot as a certified abscence.

Advertisement