Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vortex Customer Service

Options
  • 02-11-2022 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

I rarely recommend anything over these air waves as there are usually also a couple of shooters out there that have had bad experiences in the past with the same dealer, rifle, ammo or product etc. It's hard to please all the people all the time. However. I'll tell you about my recent contacts with Vortex Customer Services and you can take from it what you will.

I've recently become the owner of a 2nd \ 3rd hand, yet spotless, Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24. However, it was missing the elevation turret cap (cover). A small thing but annoying as I need obviously to keep the rain out of the mechanism. Unfortunately nobody seems to stock replacements (I thought I would get one no issue on-line for a couple of Euro). Sadly a bit more difficult than that it seems.

Then I remembered the Vortex warranty claim of lifetime VIP etc. and how it also applies to all subsequent owners. Marketing nonsense I thought TBH. There had to be a catch. At best I'd end up squabbling with a distributor or waiting months for a replacement part with postage costs and other costs making the experience a pain.

I decided it would not hurt to ask anyway and sent an email request to their Customer Services centre in the US asking if they could help and also offering to pay for the replacement part and any other costs involved with postage.

One day later a reply saying they would send the part (cover) straight away. No mention of costs but I was still happy to pay anything reasonable for the trouble.

One week later I received the new turret cover. I also received a hat and and a small cleaning cloth for the scope. There were not only no postage or other costs for me to pay but Vortex had also sent it DDP (delivery duty paid), so no issues with Customs charges at this end either.

I've worked closely with some Customer Services areas myself in recent years. Good companies talk about this type of customer support but it takes the really excellent ones to actually carry it through in practice. I know several other manufacturers give a lifetime warranty but keep in mind nothing was wrong with this scope. Someone lost the turret cover and even though it had nothing to do with the manufacturer they still gave a free replacement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Another recommendation for vortex customer service

one day my scope turret just locked up and caused issues with my zero.. a quick email to vortex and I had a brand new scope at my door in 5 days .. no questions asked.

its that reason that I only buy vortex for all my rifles. Some people will comment that I shouldn’t need to return a scope in the first place but that’s total crap. Even a Lamborghini will break down..

At least I know if something does ever happen I’ll never have to buy a new scope again .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I concur with the above OP!

Lost a dust cover cap for the very same model of scope,which are IMO a tad iffy on Vortex scopes . Email to Vortex and one in the mail within a week.

It's the small things in customer service that makes a company great and successful.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement