Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admins dubious post.

Options
  • 02-11-2022 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭

An admin with over 18,000 post jumps into a thread with a post that would be deemed as trolling, and obviously it was reported , as a mod than came into the thread asking a prickly question in retort

When given the evidence , the mod then made slight of it, and said because the Admin doesnt frequent the thread that (quote)

'The moderating standard ' would be if a regular ****** - or whoever- etc fan posted that comment, as you said , it could well be a warning - a Moderator or not would make no difference but a poster who hasn't posted in years here gets a bit of leniency on this occasion.

But of course, only on this occasion.

Let's move on." end quote.

So an Admin, gets a free pass , because well , hes an Admin and doesnt post in there frequently ??

I have names and posts if required. I dont know where to post this report.

I didnt pm the mod, cos he held the discussion in forum, and when i asked him for a cmods name , the one he gave me , his profile is private so i cant contact him.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You are in the right place. The Admin should have known better and I am certainly not going to excuse a post like that in that particular forum

I understand why the mod acted as they did, but that does not excuse the post in question

I don't want to say anything further at this time other than the issue has been noted and will be discussed internally

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am closing this thread as there is nothing more I will be saying at this time, If you do want to discuss the point further please drop me a PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement