Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Leader - Call Centre, Asking her senior if I could change teams

Options
  • 03-11-2022 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I've been working in a call centre for the last year. Since July I've had a new team leader. My average handling time etc was much better since she took on the role, she is an acting team leader. I was in the role different dept since April 2021, contracted staff, now employed directly since July on probation again. New team leader seems to have something against me, wfh and she accessed me of using my personal mobile phone during our first one on one meeting. She joined me to a team WhatsApp group with my personal phone and I was receiving messages during my annual leave, early in the morning and outside of my shift. She doesn't acknowledge my system issues, or provides assistance with the calls. It seems that she is setting me up to fail. The pressure she is placing on me for reducing my average handling time and calls per hour, is counter productive. Had a one on one and if my AHT doesn't improve then I may be terminaTed. I was thinking of asking the manager of the team Leaders could I move to a different team. Would that make it even worse for me? Since the new acting team leader took up her role it's impacting my work abs personal life. She's only been with the company 3 years and lacks a lot of knowledge herself. I'm a shell of a person since I took this job and more so since she's been my team leader, she favours those who work in the office with her also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Sounds like a horrible job. If you’ve gone from a situation of being competent in a role to feeling how you do now then the blame more than likely does not lie with you if you haven’t changed your approach to work.

Look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 freebirds

My last team leader never flawed my work. This one is on my case constantly. Best bet is to leave, thought a different team leader would help this one is very young. She'd lack the maturity and soft skills to manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

If you're willing to throw in the towel, then first go above her head, but be prepared and have your facts straight. It's likely you're on the way out anyway by the sounds of it.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 18 freebirds

I'm just accepting that I'm on the way out. I've done everything right to the best of my ability, help colleagues. Don't have the energy to go over head or play the game. I was left go from a role when covid hit, the thought of being fired again will throw me over the edge. That's life, I'm just a number. She's got her own targets and playing a game with me is part of it

Advertisement