Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resin Bond Driveway

Options
  • 03-11-2022 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All

In 2020 we purchased a new build which came with a 6m x 6m cobblelock paving.

We are now looking into replacing the driveway with a resin bond driveway.

Has anyone any experience with this surface and do they age well (Maintenance?)

We are also wondering what type of cost is associated with getting this type of driveway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭raxy

A neighbour of my parents got it done a few years ago. They're not happy because there are now tyre tracks from where they drive in & out. They do have a big 4x4 though so might be OK with a smaller car.

Looks OK to me but you do notice the track marks but it wouldn't bother me too much.

I asked about prices at the ideal home show last year, I think they said starting from ~65/m2 depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

The resin needs to be laid on something solid like tarmac or concrete. If it goes down on gravel, or cobblelock, no matter how well compacted it will move.

It needs to have the correct depth also.

One of the above is why you have tyre tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭raxy

Maybe track marks is the wrong way to describe it. It was laid properly over new tarmac. You can see the where he drives in the resin is turning black.

There were 3 cars on it last time I was there but only marks up to 1 car.

Advertisement