Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banging/Knocking noise with Heating Water

• 03-11-2022 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I've got an issue with a banging noise whilst the heating for the water is on - no issue when heating the rads.

It starts and stops as the heating is turned on and off.

The first guess was a motorized valve on the return from the cylinder but it seems to be working fine, you can hear it doing its work by adjusting the thermostat or by turning the heating on/off. Also used the override switch on the valve and the result is the same.

I have a video of it but I can't add it to this forum.

The water is getting heated but this knocking cannot be good, the vibrations would also not be great for pipe work.

Anything I should check for myself?

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Quick update - all is good again. The gate valve on the pipe going into the flow of the cylinder was not opened enough, one 3/4 turn and banging disappeared.

Not sure how it happened, it's quite exposed in the hot press and maybe it got touched/pressed against a bit over time getting towels etc as it didn't need much to make it right again.

Advertisement