Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beasty has now closed a thread here with complaint about his moderation

Options
  • 03-11-2022 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭

Beasty has just closed my previous thread complaining about the standard of moderation he employs. He addressed none of the points as to why I am threadbanned or what he referred to as anti vaccine. A continuous insult he hurls at me in PM. He made out he’s still communicating with me in PM’s and closed the thread, he isn’t.

This was his last PM to me - “You are banned from the vaccines thread for your anti-vax rhetoric, and I will ban you from any other thread you try and discuss Covid vaccines in”.

Anti vaccine rhetoric isn’t discussing Covid passports, vaccine effectiveness and someone who’s taken the vaccines. This is blatant misinformation and lies.

Once again - this is the post I am banned for?!

“Hindsight is an invaluable tool that no one had in 2020. Was it understandable that there was a lockdown at the start? Absolutely. But once it became clear where the threat with Covid lay, particularly with older and vulnerable people, our response should have changed accordingly which it never did. I’ve seen some posters on here mention ‘international best practice’. The fact of the matter is Ireland was an outlier in that regard and locked down for longer, for more prolonged periods and more severe restrictions imposed. If we remember the coveted NPHET and Government ‘levels’, many countries eventually functioned at a level 3 with indoor dining & pubs closed, adapted options re shops & barbers which remained open, schools open & instead of 5km travel limits - county travel limits. The response was solely focused on lessening the spread of Covid, without taking into account the severe societal impacts the restrictions would have, particularly as they dragged on. When the Covid vaccine appeared in 2021, people were offered a way out by taking it. What we know now is it doesn’t prevent transmission or infection but seems to have lessened the impact on hospitals. Multiple boosters should be questioned & vaccine passports for societal participation are criminal in my opinion. Taking a medicine of any kind should be done via informed consent of a medical professional and patient, period. A reflection and evaluation of what went wrong and right during Covid is vital for figure crisis going forward.”

There is nothing in the above post that is anti vaccine. Coupled with that a poster responded to this post goading and trolling re medical misinformation which isn’t true and then reported and got me banned instantly. Interesting relationship there between that poster and beasty - saw it being done earlier in the week too to another poster.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do not start another thread on this

And do not post PM content without the sender's permission

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement