Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 reactivation queries

Options
  • 03-11-2022 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HPMan

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 10 latest 22H2 version updated from an original Windows 7 install.

I lost my back cover with the Windows Licence Key. Windows tells me that Windows is Activated with a Digital Licence. However, Windows says no Microsoft Account is not attached to the laptop so it shows Add Microsoft Account. But in Outlook and Office 365 apps, my Microsoft Account is showing.

My laptop is over 10 years old and Im thinking about doing the unofficial Windows 11 upgrade but I am concerned without having the Windows Licence Key to hand might cause a problem.

Questions - if someone found my missing Licence key could they use it for their own Windows install? If they did, would it somehow block my laptop Auto Reactivating (Windows 10 or Windows 11) if I did need to reactivate?

Would Windows 11 or 10 "see" my Microsoft Account from Office 365 and just go ahead reactivating ?

Cheers all.

Comments

Advertisement