Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking near Department of Social Protection, Dominic Street, Limerick

• 03-11-2022 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I am looking for some advice. I am starting a job in the Department of Social Protection on Dominic Street, Limerick and i was wondering where would be the a good place to park that is reasonably priced and not too far from the building. Thanks in advance 😊

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Don't they have staff parking around the back of the building? The nearest multi storey is Anne St. When the train station car park reopens that will be the nearest (and probably cheapest).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Train station car park is on the Roxboro Road now but it's possible to walk from there between the station building and CBS primary school to get to the station itself/Parnell Street so it's still really quick. Only thing is that it's a bit of an isolated walk after dark so may not be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Willow1984

Yes they have a car park but I think its for very long serving staff only. Thank you for response. I look into those car parks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Icbaby

Most car parks in the city have discounts for and if your in only 3 days etc you can spread your paid time into weeks. Arthur’s quay do a top up card and charges you €5 a day and obviously you only use it the days your in. For instance 1 day a week = valid for 5 weeks. I know cruises street and a few others do too so worth asking at Anne street. I remember when we were in 5 days a week it was €50 a month.

If that is true, its very poor form.

I've worked in various government departments and though in some places they had delegated areas for different grades, parking was always first come, first served - never based on length of service.

I'd double check that.

• Advertisement

The dept I work in is longest serving too and some days when I am in, the car park is not even full but we can’t use it as the fob is with the delegated staff for the days they are in. But when I’m ther 40 years I’ll expect a car space too 😂😂😂😂😂

That's incredibly unfair. I'm glad I don't work in your department!

In my current dept and across all of our buildings, all car parking is first come, first served, regardless of grade or length of service.

The only staff with reserved spaces (and only in HQ) are Minister, Minister of State, Sec Gen, and A/Secs.

ah I don’t mind, car spaces haven’t always come with previous jobs I’ve had and now it’s not 5 days a week at least 😀 there has to be some perk to giving a lifetime of servitude 😂😂😂 and spaces are limited so I agree with it being length of service to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭McSween

I worked in there summer 2014 in claims. Mostly really sound people in there. One or two oddballs who just dont want to know. And they arent old either. .

• Advertisement

While I agree with your "lifetime of servitude" being over 30 years service myself, I just feel its unfair not to give everyone a fair shot at parking, we're all staff after all, from the newest CO recruit to the most senior PO!

But best of luck with your new position, I hope it all goes well!

Thanks but my servitude started a few years ago but so far I’m loving it 😍 the work/life balance is worth it every penny I lost moving from private sector.

ps I seen you’re comments on the pay talk thread, love that you stick up for From everyone from CO and up.

Advertisement