Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistakingly overpaid fix rate mortgage what will happen.

• 03-11-2022 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I have a fixed rate mortgage with AIB but I mistakingly used my mortgage bank details for a small payout from an insurance company(40 euro) I must have entered the wrong IBAN for a claim as it has showed up in my Mortgage account. I was just wondering if I should be worried about this that they may cancel the fixed rate deal or as it's such a small amount will they just carry on as before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭spakman

Most banks allow you overpay your fixed rate by around 10% so €40 is very unlikely to cause any trouble I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Depending on your rate, you may be charged a break fee but it'll only be based on the €40. You won't lose your fixed rate.

More than likely you won't be charged a fee though as rates have gone up recently.

Advertisement