Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Cancer

Options
  • 04-11-2022 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I've seen countless ads encouraging men to get tested for cancer.

I've just looked at Irishcancer.ie and I'm not sure what the test is that they recommend we do.

Assuming that it's a blood test this seeming doesn't detect lots of types of cancers.

So millions of euro are spent telling us to get tested and then when we do make the effort to do it there is no clear info on what to do and what it covers.

I asked a nurse a couple of years ago if I could schedule an appointment for a cancer test and she asked me which cancer I wanted to be tested for. I answered her with "any of the ones that might kill me"... ended up getting blood taken by the GP which was sent to Beaumont hospital to be analysed.

Any wisdom in the group that might benefit us all? Thanks.

Post edited by ancapailldorcha on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement