Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB debit and credit cards not working online

• 04-11-2022 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I am unable to make any online payments using aib cards. get message that cvc can not be verified. The cards work fine when making contactless payments in retail outlets. I have tried to to make payments to an post for a tv licence, amazon for a product purchase and a netflix subscription. all fail.

Have contacted aib card services who say the fault is with the providers who are not setup for secure authentication.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Had it last week with my AIB debit card.

I had multiple pre-orders with Amazon all due to be taken Thursday and Friday.

The Thursday ones went through fine but the three Friday ones were rejected. I found out when I checked my email that morning and saw emails from Amazon - "Payment revision required"

I went into my orders and just updated the payment details to the same card - they went through then without an issue.

I rang AIB later on and asked why were they rejected.

I got the same excuse as you but it doesn't make sense as I have weekly orders with Amazon and there's never been an issue before - and a couple more have gone through since then. Maybe AIB system was auto-blocking if they see too many transactions on the same card at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭phonypony

I've had a lot of trouble over the last few months with this using AIB credit and debit cards. Some (not all) of the issues seemed to have been caused by using VPNs.

But a lot of it has been very random, the app authentication is often completely useless and it's very frustrating when the bank you are paying to hold your money block access to it and give no reason, no notification and accept absolutely no responsibility...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Josh2015

I am unable to even add an aib card to a payment method for amazon or gomo. get cvc cannot be verified try later. I am not even trying to make a payment just adding the card. This problem has only arose in the last 3 or 4 months. I had no problems previously. I now have a revoult card and can add it no problems. However I would like to resolve the aib issue.

Advertisement