Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting the RTB

Options
  • 04-11-2022 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience of trying to contact the RTB recently? I used to use the webchat, which was okay, but they got rid of it. I'm trying to clarify something re. terminations and so rang today - waited for about half an hour before I hung up and a previous email was ignored. Is there any point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,545 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

They take 10 days to three weeks to answer emails. Did not know there webchat was gone. Like begging letters keep sending the emails for to have an email trace

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I was on hold last week on 2 occasions for over an hour.

I sent an email, contacted them on Twitter etc, still no reply.

It's a joke, I'm trying to register a new tenancy, I filled it out and the page shut down, I couldn't get back in and adjust the dates or payment, I put in my home address on one occasion, instead of the rental property, and now they have me down to pay a fee for that as well, it's a joke.

According to the RTB at the moment, I have 5 outstanding RTB payments, plus a tenancy ongoing, for an address that I have paid the fee on, they have it called 'A 123 strand RD. Kilmorgan' and they say I'm outstanding on '123 strand Rd, Kilmorgan', no way of explaining to them what's going on, or of removing an existing property.

If there is one thing that the Irish government do badly, it's websites. The same with the Revenue page, was just on trying to pay LPT's, I managed it, but only by going through my ROS, as the LPT page is not working apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,545 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It a f@@ging disaster dealing with them. There website is sh!te. They have absolutely no backup support. Your only hope is send an email but you will be waiting 3 weeks for a reply

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

It was a bad idea to get rid of the webchat option - I generally found it the only way to make contact - although the advice/clarifications you get are often a bit vague. I appreciate they're probably understaffed and overstretched, but considering the potential consequences for not 'dotting the Is and crossing the Ts', you'd expect to be able to get clear, (reasonably) prompt and detailed explanations for queries...especially with the mounting laws and regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

They replied to me on twitter PM, they said they were sorry that I was finding it so difficult to contact them......

and that was the extent of the response- thanks RTB ffs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I contacted them in July about issues trying to re-register - no response as yet. But they've posted letters complaining I haven't done it. I posted them a c cheque with the form filled out and a copy of my earlier email in September. No reply. Cheque not cashed yet.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement