Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What rower to buy

• 05-11-2022 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

I am looking to pick up a rower for approx €500 to €600.Would I get a decent new rower or better off with second hand.What make could i get for that price range?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Save more and get a Concept 2?

If you don't, you will always have that niggle at the back of your mind.

Buy once cry once? They will sell for what you paid if it doesn't work out.

Full commercial quality and used in all online competitions and the CrossFit Games.

They take all day abuse by pro athletes, not a bother.

(These are the arguements I used on me to buy one, it's pretty sweet!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭fire_man

Yes I use them in gym and great machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

As someone who has only recently taken to rowing, I can say that there is a good reason Concept 2 seems to be the de facto rower. They are incredibly well built and great to use. If I ever decide to buy one myself, I'll be going for one of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭fire_man

Would you go second hand for concept 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Concept 2 is the one to go for, pretty much all online literature / forums refer to it and has guidance for training, in the form of setting up drag, force curves etc. They're bulletproof and they hold their value 2nd hand. I got one for a shade under a grand from rowfit.ie last year and it was one of the best investments I made outside of a power rack.

• Advertisement
Advertisement