Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Qatar World Cup 2022

1777879808183»

Comments

Infantino is such a turd and has come out of the Qatar world cup looking like a much bigger douche than he did on the way in somehow.

Between his "Today I feel Arab, I feel migrant worker, I feel gay etc" bizarre speech just before the tournament to him and the Qatarais going on about how great it would be for Messi to win before it started to showing his image in his poncey runners and suit on TV but not at the stadium as he would get booed, to his mate that weird beef-slicing midget Salt Bae ending up harassing the players on the pitch with the cup - he is truly the sort of knob-end that only an organisation like FIFA can produce.

John Delaney is probably watching and thinking - "that could be me up there".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I was watching a bit of the programme about 1970 on the BBC a few days ago. Someone here claimed that the magic of football is gone after Qatar. It went in 1970 judging by what was in that programme. Israel and Sweden spent large parts of their game kicking each other round the field. The El Salvador players mobbed the referee and refused to kick off when Mexico scored against them. Goalkeepers seemed to think their role was to stand and watch the ball going by them in to the net. And if anyone thinks the unseemly celebration of goals did not exist back then, it certainly did.

This short video shows some of the brutal fouls which today would be automatic red cards. Referees were very lenient back then, and as Pele knew when he stepped away in 1966, there was no protection for skilful players. Standards all round are much higher now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxEtwphGv0o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is why some older people rate Pele the best of all time and others a bit younger rate Maradona the best. It was a different game and to have the skill to beat players with all the brutal fouling efforts to stop you was incredible.

Messi is undoubtedly the best of the modern era but it's a different game entirely. You just can't compare players from different eras.

After his Pele coffin-side selfie he went on to ask that every country name a stadium after Pele.

This guy's brain is on another planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Its about time we renamed John Delaney Park the Pelé Stadium.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement