Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Common areas not tranferred to OMC

Options
  • 05-11-2022 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi. I'm in the process of buying an apartment in Dublin and almost signed the contract but the solicitor discovered the common areas have not been transferred to the management company. There was an application to bring the developer to court but it was later discontinued.

What are the implications on buying (with a mortgage) this kind of apartment? I see others in the complex have sold though. The apartments are 20+ year old and I had to bid to 10%+ the asking price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Be lucky to get a mortgage when not having clean title.

Theres problems like this all over the country where developers didnt hand over common areas.

The MUD act was meant to sort this out but getting a developer into court could cost 100s of thousands especially high court

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Advertisement