Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2023 *Spoilers* *NO BETTING ODDS*

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Edge should have speared Rhea, I thought Beth didn't pull it off well and she should have been in the rumble too, I'm guessing Rhea and Finn or Damian against Edge and Beth

As predictable the rumble winners, delighted for Rhea as she has been build up great

Sami deserves a world title match and win

Logan does put in the practice as he pulls off the moves better than some pros

Did the men's rumble have only 29, no one took Rey's place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope, no one took Rey's place.

Will Rey and Cody have a match to decide the true winner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd be ok with her going for Charlotte if the Smackdown women's division wasn't a complete dumpster fire.

Would prefer Bianca personally I think that's a money match and something new for Mania at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loved the ending to the main event and the similar actions to when Rollins turned on the Shield. Surprised Cody didn't come out to 'make a statement'. Very interesting where this story is going now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have a feeling it’ll be this

Sami versus Reigns at elimination chamber, Jey sides with Roman and turns on Sami and costs him his title match.

Sami/KO face and beat the USOs for the tag titles at Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"This ring is yours when you're with us. Otherwise, go do Jackass shìt."

Roman has become so good.

So many massive pops in one segment. The tease of the chair shot, the actual chair shot, Jey leaving, people thinking for a split second that Solo was helping Sami and 50,000 people chanting "Fùck you, Roman!"

Great ending.

If only they allowed Blood, if so could see a right blood bath for SamI

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought the men’s Rumble wa brilliant, but not particularly memorable, if that makes sense. I wish there was more surprises, but the Cody/Gunther stuff was incredible, and the Logan Paul and Ric O Shea spot was incredible too.

Rhea doing the iron man was brilliant, and she’s such a superstar.

But both were missing the big moments I’ll remember in 10 years, I think.

Closing segment was one of the best I’ve ever seen in pro wrestling. It’s a shame they’re going to ram Cody into the story cause the Bloodline deserve THE top spot at Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Loved Lesnar just cleaning out Corbin.

And as much as I dislike Logan Paul that set up with Ricochet was excellent

• Advertisement

I was trying to think of segments better than that one last night and I'm struggling tbh. There's been some amazing stuff done such as Austin's beer truck segment, Rock/Hogan setting up their match but I don't think either match the emotion and layers of last night.

Rhea teasing going after Roman.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So aftermath rumours are KO/Sami and USOS are going to main event night one of mania and Reigns/Cody night 2.

Makes sense! The bloodline and Sami deserve a main event slot after keeping this story going.

I wouldn't mind Drew and Sheamus getting a tag title run, I do enjoy them together

Gunther shone in the men's rumble, him against Drew or Lesnar or Rollins all would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it only me that found the booking of Cody's win a bit odd , like comes in at number 30 , teams up with his bitter enemy to bully the "dastardly" heel who has lasted over an hour , and then heroically beats the crap out of him and throws him over, I honestly felt bad for Walter (im not using that silly gunther name) at the end

As someone said it works better if Cody starts at number 1 than him coming in at 30 but with Rhea going bell to bell they probably wanted a different dynamic I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,937 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah that was it alright. They're definitely planning an angle there... it might be that they feel it's too early for Cody to be getting in Roman's business with the Bloodline stuff working well by itself for the moment. So Rey works as a nice little side story in the meantime. Someone posted yesterday that Rey's too nice to demand his 'play off' spot, but it could work the other way - we could see some controversy over what to do, with Cody then straight up offering to fight him for it at Elimination Chamber. Gives him something to do to stay away from the bloodline for the next 3 weeks and gives him a big match to help rebuild his momentum after so long out too.

Other option is Rey being included in WM as a triple threat, giving Roman a way to lose one of the belts without getting pinned. Could then see Jey taking the Smackdown belt off him clean at Summerslam to end the Bloodline era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They should have left that chair shot for the elimination chamber with it being in Montreal, Sami doing that in his home town would have blown the roof off, guess now it is going to be a major beat down there to get some big heat instead.

Is Ciampa injured ??

Few main roster regulars not even on the card let alone the rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That was one of the biggest pops ever last night.

• Advertisement

Sami is getting a title match at EC on Montreal. That’ll be a massive pop in it self. And Jey will get massive heat when he turns on Sami.

While I don’t like the guy you can’t fault Logan paul for giving it his all every single time he wrestles.

Who had the most eliminations, was it Gunther, I don't really remember any of Cody eliminations except maybe Dom

Rey was pulled over an injury apparently and Nia is back full time

Where was Dexter?

Was the Nxt champ always in the rumble match as with Perez?

It's like HHH got fed up with people criticising the decision to bring back Hit Row so decided to go even worse and bring back Nia Jax.

I think I remember an NXT champ in it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That Pitch Black match was.....well, it lived up to expectations.

I think the Bray stuff might take centre stage post Mania but they really have to do something between now and then to get it back on track. Knight was the highlight of that feud even though he was treated like a chump.

Having said that, Bray's story doesn't bother me half as much as the people jumping up and down in anger over it. It can get better, the live audiences still seem to dig him, and right now it's not a major part of the Road to Mania. So ultimately while the story has been frustrating, it's doing little damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

You'll get Mysterio vs Mysterio at WrestleMania (guest ref Jake Gyllenhaal?) and like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Kyokushin Grappler

Letting Roman have such a dominant grip on both titles for so long has definitely been a detriment in this instance. Because if Roman had 1 title and someone else had the other then Roman can finish the story with Sami while Cody enters a fresh story with the other champion. Cody is going to be so out of place being inserted into an already established storyline. I almost fear that he'll be an afterthought going into Mania.

Cody could choose to go after the NXT Title

Tbf The Usos (Jey in particular) have been instrumental in this storyline too and deserve their own stripes at Mania.

• Advertisement
Advertisement