Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspected stolen Sworks Sl7

Options
  • 06-11-2022 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Possibly stolen bikes for sale on adverts

Just I case someone recognises them

(link removed)

Post edited by magicbastarder on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If that is the black one posted recently - definitely something looks off with it, but I'd doubt the photos are even of the actual bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

(link removed)

Post edited by magicbastarder on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

How many have they stolen though? He says he has em available in all sizes. 😁

Bikeassists.com links to a business in California.

Tis an odd one to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Same scammer lists Specialized and Trek bikes almost every weekend. Any size available :) Just make bank transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Similar to a car scam going around a few years ago. Pay a deposit to secure a bike to be sent from abroad, but no bike appears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I doubt it's a stolen anything Id say most likely the bikes don't even exist. The usual line we have a lot of interest and if you put down a deposit via bank transfer we'll hold it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah seller says the bikes are in their store in Berlin, it’s a scam as above, more so than stolen bikes

Get an address in Berlin. Cheap midweek flight with an empty bike box. I'll take an SL7 red etap axs in green!

Don't think I'm going to get my dream S-works bargain unfortunately

Brand new Facebook account. No posts, no likes. Brand new twitter account, no tweets no followers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

folks - i've removed the links; if you think a bike is stolen please report it to adverts. linking directly to an ad and suggesting it's stolen is possibly legally actionable.

i think there's enough info there for people to find any odd looking ads at this stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement