Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an E-Reader with physical page turn buttons

Options
  • 07-11-2022 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the right forum to ask for recommendations - the gadgets forum seems to be a bit quiet and I thought some of you kind people might be able to help me out. My old Kindle has died and I'm looking around for a replacement that has physical page turn buttons on it. Preferably on the side. I don't like reading on touchscreen devices which limits where to go next. By the looks of things, the only option is a Kobo Libra but I'm wondering are there any other devices you could recommend? The Barnes and Noble Nooks aren't available in Europe as far as I can tell and Bookeen seem to have stopped making their readers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

While the new Kindles are touch screen, the screen will look like your current e-reader and not a tablet as long as you don’t buy a Fire Tablet.

If it’s a dislike to tapping to turn the page, I don’t have experience with current e-readers with buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Tork

It's the touch screen I dislike and don't want to get one if it can be avoided. I borrowed a friend's Kindle Paperwhite and just couldn't get on with the touchscreen. It breaks the flow of reading for me. Obviously I'm in the minority as devices with these buttons aren't plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I agree with you. I mostly use the app on my phone these days. Hate the Kindle interface aswell. Just so clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

My old sony e-reader was the business. Just gave up the ghost after 10 years. Sorry, no help. But maybe the kindle oasis?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

The Kindle 1st generation has a manual page turn, no touch screen. I passed it on to himself when I upgraded. It still works fine. Doesn't have a lit screen of course so I bought an add on. I think you can still find those Kindles on Ebay now and then - you could look around for one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement