Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning permission

• 07-11-2022 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Does anyone one know how hard it is to get planning permission and how much it costs in Kildare ? My parents land . I bought Property in another county but am looking to move back . Hearing 10k per application and it takes a few applications ?

If anyone has any information on this topic it would be greatly appreciated ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭blueskys

Will only take one application if you do it right. Ring your local co. council and ask for a pre-planning meeting. they are free.

They will tell you what you need to do. You need to get drawings of house and site, OSI map of site and area etc.

Definitely not 10k. I think you are mixing up planning permission with development levies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Depends on what you are looking for and how you add it up. I spent 20k on a complicated planning that required numerous surveys and lots of other stuff including expensive insurance, but the actual planning cost less than a couple of thousand (the final amount got lost in all the other stuff). You will have to have house plans drawn up to a basic level (the detailed stuff gets done after the planning) so you will have architects and engineers fees to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Stretch1432

Ok thanks guys . Will it matter that I am not living in Kildare anymore ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It depends on whether there is a local housing need requirement or how complex that is:

There's a guidance document here:

https://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/AllServices/Planning/PlanningApplicationsandPermission/Pre-PlanningMeetings/KCC%20Rural%20Housing%20PrePlanning%20Guide%20Final.pdf

If there is housing need requirement you might find it difficult to satisfy it.

I am mostly familiar with Galway and that stipulation in planning adds a bit more complextity to getting permission.

Getting planning approval can cost anything from 4K to a hell of a lot more depending on what has to be submitted and the level of complexity.

The first response gave you some good insight.

Advertisement