Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countax Mower - Bypass Handbrake Safety Switch

Options
  • 07-11-2022 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Iv a Countax D1850 (Diesel) - problem with the safety switch of the handbrake.

Sometimes iv to pull the handbrake leaver a number of times before it allows the engine to start.

Any way I can bypass this safety switch all together - i dont need it.

pictures attached

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

That is also the drive clutch for the blade. There will be a microswitch that probably needs a clean or replacing. You could remove it & connect the wires but I take no responsibility if you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

dont think it is? theres a separate electrical button on the dash for the blade.

iv searched everywhere, all around the handbrake, and cant find any electrical / safety switch to bypass????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The switch won't be anywhere near the actual lever. Most are at least one lever removed and nearer to the brake.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement