Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small extension

• 08-11-2022 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi I'm thinking of getting a small extension onto the Gable end of my property. Just wondering if I need planning permission for it . Someone said I can do 40 metre squared on Gable end or back but for the Gable end of the house I need planning permission . Just wondering does anyone know ??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

In your case is the gable the side of the house? Only planning exemption for extensions is to the rear of the house (subject to criteria).

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

My house is an end of terrace. The Gable end has a side driveway that goes from the front to the rear . So can I get an extension without permission on the side ??

Is there more cost involved with the planning permission ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Oh dear. You are completely shagged, you'll have to present yourself to the local planning office for daily floggings for 6 months prior to construction of the extension and for 6 months after.

What documents are needed for planning permission

• Advertisement
Advertisement