Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is too much?

• 08-11-2022 9:36pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get satellite TV rather than Sky. I've a smart TV so thinking I'll just go down that route for now, hook up a dish and have that fairly basic. Got a quote of 220

Boxes seem to be ranging between 380 and 470 depending how good I want to go

Are they fair prices ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Schorpio

220 seems fair - does that include cabling to the room of your choice? I presume that include the supply of the dish/LNB etc. You should also invest in a Soarview aerial too. Should be minimal extra cost. Also, think about the number of rooms you want a satellite feed to.

The box price seems quite high. What boxes were you looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

A work colleague recently paid e550, for dish and Freesat (Arris 500 gb) receiver and wide band lnb, no aerial. I thought it was a bit ott but the box is in or about e300, so how much is a dish, cable and installation worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I paid between 70 to 90 euro, cannot remember the correct price for a dish install it was a new house and had the cable already in place.

Im cancelling Sky and getting a freesat HD recordable box with 500gb storage for £229 in Northern Ireland. I have a smart tv with RTÈ player, Virgin media player and tg4 player on it so I’m not missing any Irish content. At least now I can watch and record from Itv 1,2,3,4 and Channel 5. No more monthly bills to Sky!

Advertisement