Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nest Wifi and Eir Fibre

Options
  • 09-11-2022 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

I have seen a few posts about this Eir setup not working with Google/Nest Wifi but my understanding was that it was due to the vlan tag 10 not being available. As Google now supports this I naively thought this setup would work without the Eir router in bridge mode. Tried all the pppoe settings but nothing is working so assume I have missed something.

I don't really want to use the eor router in bridge mode but can if that is the solution. Does anyone know what I have missed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I don't know if Nest WIFI support VLAN tagging already, but you don't need PPPoE credentials for Eir's FTTH as it works with out PPPoE , direct connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grayniall

Thanks for that. From reading the support doc they mention:

Google supports VLAN tag values of 2, 7 and 10 (from a possible range of 0 to 4095). If your ISP requires a different tag, your setup will require an additional device for it to work. To determine the proper tag required, check with your ISP or your modem's manual.

I thought that eir used 10 but may be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Sorry for confusion, You do need VLAN 10 tag in Ireland for FTTH connection. You just don't need USER and PASS credentials if with EIR.

You could choose DHCP option ( WAN settings) instead of PPPoE

Advertisement