If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable

Options
  • 09-11-2022 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm considering buying my first turntable and could use some advice. My current set up is Denon x3700h, Dali Oberon 5 and Dali e12f.

Am I right in assuming that I would not need a pre amp as I could connect it directly into the Denon, also Bluetooth functionality would be a bonus but I’m assuming I could also use my Denon to listen to the turntable on headphones via the Bluetooth on the Denon.

If these assumptions are correct could you please recommend a turntable in the €300-€500 range, one where you could upgrade the table cartridge etc over time.

Thanks in advance,

Zathrus.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Zathrus,

Thanks for the post!

Your AVCX3700 has a pre amplifier built in so you could use any turntable at all on that amp. I would highly recommend the Projects though (I have one so I'm a bit biased!) I'd go with the Project Carbon Evo - it has an amazing platter and tonearm and also comes with the Ortofon 2M Red as standard. You can also upgrade the cartridge down the line and Ortofons do give an amazing sound!

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Zathrus

Thanks David for your reply. Will I be able to play the turntable through Bluetooth earphones using the Denon? Also what is the best price you can do for the project carbon Evo?

Regards

Zathrus

Hi Zathrus,

You wouldn't be able to use Bluetooth earphones as the Denon doesn't have a Bluetooth output, just an input. You would need a Bluetooth turntable in order to connect to the headphones but it wouldn't be connected through the Denon.

I could do a Project Carbon Evo for £419/479 euro!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, could you recommend a good turntable with Bluetooth. I know Sony do one as well as audio Technica, I also believe the project t1 has a Bluetooth variant.

Regards

Zathrus

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Afternoon Zathrus and apologies for the delayed response.

As David says the Denon AVCX3700 actually has a decent Phono step up tranny already fitted and a dedicated phono input so you don't HAVE to have a turntable with a pre-amp.

If you wanted bluetooth you can use the SONY PSLX310BT and it will connect directly to your amp AND to BT headphones :

, they are both excellent in their price ranges

The Project T1 BT is also a good option, albeit more expensive, but it sounds FAR better than the Sony ( which is no slouch itself!):

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14749-project-t1-bt-black-bluetooth-turntable-bluetooth-turntable.aspx

If it was me I would certainly go with the T1 BT if I could stretch to it

As you say there is also the Audio Technica options - they have a couple, the ATLP60 BT at 195€ and the ATLP120X BT at 365€ , they are both excellent in their price ranges but the Project is a better option, if you are majoring on audio quality.

I hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi thanks for your reply, could you give me your best price for the project t1 Bluetooth

Regards

Zathrus

Thanks for getting back to us Zathrus!

I can do a T1 Bluetooth for £385/449 euro (I don't have too much movement on this turntable I'm afraid!)

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.