Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 520 plus - force weather download?

Options
  • 09-11-2022 12:55pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to get my Garmin to get the weather. I've the phone paired with it via bluetooth but the Garmin may not download the weather until I've finished the ride (which could be a few hours). On other occasions, the weather will download soon after the unit it sees my phone.

I have tried syncing via Garmin connect but this doesn't force the weather to download.

I've unpaired and paired the phone and garmin unit but no difference.

I've looked online but everythign seems to tell me how to enable weather but not to get it to actually update.

Is there any setting to effectively force the unit to download the weather?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Is the Connect App running while your phone is connected via bluetooth to your garmin?

(If the app is not running, the weather won't update)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I assume so. Normally, I don't open it on the phone but it must be working as the ride will sync when I save it.

However, I have opened the app on the phone and tried syncing but this seems to have no effect on the weather updating.

Launch the app on your phone (no need to Sync it) then switch on your Garmin. Once it connects via bluetooth to your phone, the weather should update.

Tried that just now (a few times) and nope.

Plus, just in case you ask, power saving is not enabled on the phone whilst Bluetooth & location are both enabled. Devent internet connection on the phone also.

• Advertisement

Sounds like an issue for Garmin Tech support so, as I'm not aware of any setting where you can force it to download.

Advertisement