Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Tracker and BTL

• 10-11-2022 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭

Been a while since this one was checked I'd say, but I'm one of the remaining PTSB tracker mortgage customers.

I moved 10 years ago and rented out the property. Was advised here at the time that they were unlikely to move me off it, and whether I told them or not was neither here nor there since they would be informed via the house insurance which is now a landlord policy.

Anyway with the way rates are going these days they're probably more miffed with folk on low fixed rates, but has anyone yet seen an instance where someone was moved off a tracker due to it being rented?

The reason I'm asking again now is that I want to change my correspondence address. I still get mortgage statements, rate increase letters etc delivered to the house and its a pain to have to keep calling to collect from tenants, and that's if they even remember to tell me there's stuff there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

The only way you will be penalised is if you want to move off tracker onto a fixed rate - it is at that point that they will insist on BTL rates.

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Advertisement