If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55inch C2 vs G2

Options
  • 10-11-2022 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking to upgrade from our 55 QLED samsung 2018 and have whittled it down to these two options?

Is there much of a difference? Are there any deals on either?

I have the samsung mounted, so will these be compatible for wall mounting and how difficult is it? I got people into install the bracket.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guess,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Both the LG 55C2 and the G2 are excellent panels - the G2 uses the new Evo panel, but of course the G series party trick is its wafer thin wall mounting ability and it actually comes including a dedicated wall mounting bracket - if you have installers mounting the screen for you it is critical that they unpack and lift the G2 ( and the C2 TBH) onto the mounting bracket really carefully as the panel is extremely thin.

The G series looks pretty stunning IMO but again both TV's are really superb - if you have been used to a QLED it is worth noting that OLED can retain images if the panel is not used correctly, not a major issue with these late generations but still it's worth mentioning so you can run the pixel refresh routines.

Hope thats helpful - we have all variants available from stock ATM so keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

That mounting bracket scares me a little :)

When I got the Samsung, I got a guy out to mount and do all that kind of stuff and I was under the impression that I'd just be able to screw and unscrew a telly onto it if I was replacing it and I might be able to do it myself. Sounds like thats not the case with the G2

~Your guys don't put it on the wall by any chance :)

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Guess_Who,

The G2 comes with it's own specific bracket so you would need to mount it on that unfortunately!

We don't install ourselves in ROI but we can recommend someone close by if you let us know whereabouts you're based!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.