Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freight forwarding from China

Options
  • 10-11-2022 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi there,

Has anybody a cheap way to get goods shipped from China to Ireland (to port or to door). I have looked into freight forwarding (essentially shared containers) and multiple companies offer these services. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has positive feedback on the service and the price. This is for small scale package for personal use at the moment but I am looking at the possibility of making a business out of importing goods an dselling them in Ireland.

Example package is a 14okg package, 240 x 130 x 30 cm with a value of approx 500 euro. Thats what I am trying to get here at present. And advice welcome

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭andrewfaulk

What is the item? Quite large but not a lot of weight, so would be pricey by air(you would be charged for 156Kgs)..

1CBM by LCL would be about €400 by them time all the costs have been covered(Seafreight, Handling, agency, customs clearance, devanning in Dublin and delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭liamolaighin

That particular item is a pool table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Is it a slate bed table?

Realistically groupage sees your items horsed in and out of the container and lorries along with everybody elses stuff by third party operators who really don't care so it would need to be well crated.

I've done it and I don't think there is much you can do regarding insurance if it arrives damaged because nobody along the way will take responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Martinet76

Get a few people to share a 40ft be cheaper .msc was the cheapest last year

Advertisement