Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish queer female book recommendations

• 10-11-2022 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

I'm out of the loop has anything been published in the last 30 years that has really impressed anyone that is written from an Irish queer female perspective?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭victor8600

I liked Exciting Times by Naoise Dolan.

Would you recommend anything published more than 30 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,113 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Emma Donoghue has written some good fiction books

If you like cheesy teenage rom com the falling in love montage is cool

I loved Nuala O'Faolains auto biography from 1996 too. She details here relationships with Men and Women.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ruby fruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown. 1973. May offend modern sensibilities but it is what it is.

https://www.oxfordstudent.com/2021/02/24/rubyfruit-jungle-a-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

The Sealed Letter and Hood by Emma Donoghue

Advertisement