Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bauer to buy RedFM

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭RoTelly

They've also bought iRadio

The could now merge spin sw, spin, red fm and iRadio, all they need now is to buy Beat and they can create a 3rd national service.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I just brought this up in the other thread, would the BAI allow the licenses to be used this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I would wager the BAI wouldn’t have but we’ve no idea if the new Coimisun na Meain will protect radio or if it will allow it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

They seemed to have no issue with the Spin networking (or the 96/Live95 networking).

Given the challenges faced by radio stations targeting the younger market and the lack of requirements for local presenters (at the end of the day the content on Spin etc isn't as locally focused as content on the ILR stations for example), it wouldn't surprise me if there was 5 Spin outlets in the future.

After all, Bauer wouldn't be buying the 2 iRadio licences unless they had their homework and there's no real reason for them to own 20.5 counties worth of youth regional stations without some desire to seek synergies, espeically given what they have done in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Red FM new schedule starts on Monday 28th Aug

6-9am KC

9-12 Neil P

12-4 Ciara

4-7 Colm O’Sullivan

Colm no longer doing Saturdays so some weekend changes on the way too.

Also Izzy Showbizzy confirmed she is doing Drive on 96FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Well I'm not surprised it was 96FM Izzy was joining, can't imagine her on a Dublin station!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

The stupid name irritates me a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭ofcork

She might drop it now being on 96fm.

As far as I know the only work she's done outside Cork has been a few slots for Ireland AM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Salma CoolS Registration

probably not as she's an "influencer" in around cork so its not good for her "brand" she's developed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I saw a promo picture online of her with the name Izzy Showbizzy on it so it’s staying. At what age do we think you’d want to give up the nickname? I would have thought 30 would be the max for something like that

I wonder if the show will have a lot of showbiz and so keeping the name makes sense?

Post edited by radiotrickster on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Yeah, Mr and Mrs Showbizzy probably thought it was clever when they chose it all those years ago.

Izzy would have been good on 2FM, Today FM, or even Classic Hits, on a regionally-produced show. I'm sure if a national/multi-city station offered her a weekly show and let her do it from Cork, she would have accepted it without question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Salma CoolS Registration

most of the shows on 96fm have nonsense celeb fluff in between songs so she'll fit in well there, talking shite on Kardashian/Love island type stuff - she hocks a lot of products on her instagram for freebies, so its a name for her which will stay for a while despite how childish it sounds and last untill she cant blag more freebies

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fairideax

Anyone listening in on KC & Vic with added sports guy for extra comfort ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Tried to but I find Vic a fairly tough listen and the sports guy adds nothing to the show (same as when Ray Foley was there)

Yes I agree, there does seem to be a bit of nerves floating around. I was a fan of KC & Ross, it's a pity that they didn't stick together.

I have swapped over to 96 for a bit and to be honest it's an easier listen than KC & his crew.

It should be interesting to see if KC can bridge the gap, that he had created with Ross, I think it's gonna be a long hard road for him!

Why did he bring victoria with him a 96fm newsreader.

It does seem like a weird move, but who knows! There's obviously method to the madness. Time will tell.

All I can say is the jnlrs are gonna be interesting.

• Advertisement

How about a swap. Izzy to 98FM and Rebecca Shekelton to 96FM? Us Dubs can enjoy Izzy's exotic, dulcet Leeside tones and the Corkonians can put up with RS' yaw-yaw accent. 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Another change at RedFM. Stephanie Rainey is now doing weekday evenings 7-10pm - unsure if Miriam Mullins is still on the schedule or if she has departed.

She ain t great anyway wonder how the new line up is doing.

Dave Mac on 4fm this morning apparently will be doing a show every Sunday morning.

First Philip Bourke on Classic Hits and now Dave Mac... who next?

Advertisement