Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post announces new pick up service for Galway City

Options
  • 10-11-2022 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭

An Post has announced a new pick up service for customers in Galway City. The new service will allow customers who miss a delivery to pick up their item at the nearest post office.

Previously, Galway customers had to travel to the city’s Delivery Service Unit in North Business Park on the Tuam Road.

12 city post offices will participate and they are

Bearna, Bohermore, Claregalway, Clarinbridge, Eglinton Street, Fr Griffin Road, Mervue, Newcastle, Oranmore, Renmore, Salthill, and Seamus Quirke Road.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

better late than never.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Much handier alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

yeah, has been a problem since they moved out there. Not sure if it was much easier in the Liosban estate.

& not easy for a pedestrain to get to where they moved to without walking . Closest bus service stopped half a mile away or something. Turns around the Trapper Inn and heads away again.

So yeah why does it take like 2 decades to come up with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Why this has taken so long I really don't understand. An Post really improving on the tech in the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭cr-07

Is this in place now?

Twice over the past 2 weeks I knew I was going to miss a delivery, so re-scheduled to be dropped at the Seamus Quirke road office. On both occasions, the postman brought the deliveries back out to the Tuam Road.

Mentioned this to the lady behind the counter at the depot, and she mentioned that "the PO that I chose might not have been on the postmans route".

Real pain in the backside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement