Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The English

• 11-11-2022 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭

Emily Blunt is starring in BBC’s new Western drama The English with Chaske Spencer, Rafe Spall, Tom Hughes, Stephen Rea, Valerie Pachner, Toby Jones, Ciaran Hinds, Malcolm Storry, Steve Wall, Nichola McAuliffe, Sule Rimi, and Cristian Solimeno

The series will premiere on BBC Two on 10th of November, with episodes available to watch on iPlayer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

first episode was very good i thought,, will be watching the rest of them,, tough times back in dem Wild West days!! , great dialogue in 1st ep. an' all - Hinds played bad guy very well, and Blunt's always worth looking at/watching, imo 😃

marital arts expert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well! A 6 episode Revenge Western lead by Emily Blunt! I'm in!

1: Solid intro. The big story introduced. The characters getting to know each other. Good performances from Emily Blunt, Chaske Spencer (Whipp/Wolf), Toby Jones and Ciaran Hinds.

Very dark and grim look at the old West. The camera and colour work contrasting with the story works well so it all feels solid.

From the moment I saw..

Hinds hand touch Blunts cheek.. I was like.. right so, he's dead! 😁

That was just from Blunt having that history for me from her roles in Edge of Tomorrow, Sicario and The Quiet Place films.

Oh and.. if you are wondering what Prairie Oysters are..

(wait until you are not eating if you have a sensitive Palate 😁 .. though you might guess from the look of em)

2: Damn! That was tense early on! Then the story got very complicated!.. well in the thinkings/feelings department.

So... she's off by herself now. Whether she and the kids makes it to these Boomers or not.. I dunno...

If I took it in right, she might meet Whipp/Wolf back at that farm since he's working off the cost of the compass .. if she comes back that way.

Yer man Whipp/Wolf in the way he carries himself .. kinda reminds me a bit of a mix of Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting crossed with Bruce Willis in Die Hard.

3: Just so many well done scenes trying to guess what's going on with the people in them. Can they be trusted or not and what are they up to.

This chalk river event must be the big story for Whipp/Wolf.

Emily Blunt played an actual stormer in her final scenes there.

She interrogated that dude so well.

Lastly, I checked the wiki again for the show and it was made in Spain. Feels so much USA though.. so they did a good job on that part. Helps explain the many european accents turning up in the show too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭budhabob

I missed this on BBC, i had read it was going onto Amazon Prime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Episode two on Thursday night on BBC2 9.00pm

can still catch episode 1 though!

It's on tonight/early 2moro morning on BBC1 @ 12.15am 🙂🙂

marital arts expert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

The first episode hasn’t been made available on the U.K. iTunes yet.

Does this mean it won’t be available until the BBC has aired the whole series?

4: Oh sh*t! Now that is a f*cking evil villain! 😲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,147 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It seems to be riddled with f*cking evil villains, but would you be referring to the "pleasant" Welsh person? 😛

5: That was just like.. like an episode full of really good set pieces. All just so happening to line up one after the other.

Emily Blunt really shone. She looked so angry in some scenes. Though that could easily have been to do with

the infection I assume she's picked up in her leg like yer man warned her about.

I wonder at this stage.. will what happened to her son be shown. If it's be conveyed to the audience already, I haven't properly picked it up.

No sign of Melmont except in flashbacks, I'm guessing it must be to kill him that she's here.

Just one episode more after this one.

Advertisement