Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fenian Cycle tales

Options
  • 12-11-2022 11:41am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From a current course I am on about Fionn mac Cumhaill and his band, the following are some resource materials:

Joseph J. Flahive 2017: The Fenian Cycle in Irish and Scots-Gaelic Literature (Cork), 

“Celtic Mythology: Tales of Gods, Goddesses, and Heroes” by Philip Freeman (On Audible)

Kevin Murray 2017: The Early Finn Cycle (Dublin)

Kuno Meyer 1910: Fianaigecht: Irish Poems and Tales relating to Finn and his Fiana (Dublin)

Silva gadelica (I-XXXI) : a collection of tales in Irish with extracts illustrating persons and places : O'Grady, Standish Hayes, 1832-1915 ed. and tr : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive 

https://archive.org/details/silvagadelicaix00gragoog/page/n4/mode/2up?view=theater

Ann Dooley and Harry Roe 1999: Tales of the Elders of Ireland: A New Translation of Acallam na Senórach 

Also, while not on the reading list the fictionalised account of Fionn's life in Finn Mac Cool By: Morgan Llywelyn is a good read.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Filíocht Fiannaíochta - was on the LC Honours Irish curriculum in my time. The Giolla Deacair's horse, etc!

Advertisement