Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times - 6 Months for 6 EUR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

Thanks OP. Signed up. How do I cancel? Can't see how to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

From the Irish Times website:

"To cancel your Monthly Subscription you need to telephone +353-(0)1-6758894 or send an email to cancelmysubscription@irishtimes.com which must be received by The Irish Times at least ten business days in advance of your monthly billing date"

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

Thanks. Pity they don't incorporate the cancel process into the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Is it a monthly charge of €1 for 6 months, or did it charge you €6 in one go for 6 months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 M83K

Thanks OP.

only charged €1 so must be 6 monthly charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

doesn't include the epaper though..

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

Is this offer finished, https://www.irishtimes.com/subscribe/lowstartoffer?offerName=6monthOffer

I registered for first time account and this message appeared after submitting credit card details.

This account is already currently adding a subscription, please try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Ya cant seem to sign up here either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The page is still there if you click on the link.

That's an indication that the offer is still live.

There is a contact link on the page.

Maybe worthwhile sending a message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

I managed to do it last night but it takes some persistance.

The portal is as buggy as hell and I got the same message as you and some others. I also had a card validation failure but eventually I got there.

Make sure you are using an email address that you are sure has never been used before even for a free trial...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

epapers look cool but navigating the app or website is a better user experience for me.

But if you really like epaper the sub does include the lesser known access to the IT archive.

There you have a (sort of) epaper for every edition since 1859. This is a terrific resource for researching Irish history, jogging your memory on past events or even just wasting time....

While the content is great and there is a good search function, the UI is bloody awful. It's like they were determined to recreate the akwardness and limitations of microfiche form the 1980s....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i actually prefer the epaper - i put the ipad mini in portrait mode and zoom in and out on each page.

didn't know about access to the archive though - i assume that isn't available thru the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Got it to work

Used edge on tablet to sign up

Had been using chrome on my phone.

I tried 4 different emails, new accounts and 3 seperate credit cards, safari, duckduck go, google.ie browsers used. Im actually going off this deal at this stage,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I signed up using an email address that I'd previously used for a discounted sub; no problem. On my account page it lists the old subs as suspended and the new one active.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

I found my adblocker was blocking the domain edge.permutive.app. I had to whitelist before getting it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Worked for me with an existing account/email address. I had to use Revolut to pay. Issues with another bank, likely due to the confirmation two factor authentication taking too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

just as a heads up, you have to ring or email them to cancel, and they're really slow to respond so make sure to get your cancellation in well before the offer expires. They'll generally make you another offer (probably won't be as good as this one though).

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I just use a virtual Revolut card specially for signing up for offers like this, which I keep frozen most of the time. So even if I forget to cancel, I don't get charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I cannot get to the payment page, I click to continue but nothing happens. I have tried 3 different web browsers on my PC and I tried it on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I'm an existing subscriber, sub runs out soon as I got an annual deal this time last year. It wasn't working for me using Chrome and AIB, but I switched to Edge and Revolut and it worked first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

following

Advertisement